Tuesday 9 November 2010

Inspiring day course with Gillian Harris

I am still buzzing after spending last Thursday doing a hat making course with Gillian Harris in the studio above her shop in Dorking. (http://www.gilliangladrag.co.uk/)  There were just 7 of us and we all left having made a gorgeous felt hat.  I have since used the techniques she showed us to make a peg bag.  See below, the first one shows the inside of the bag with sparkly spots, the other 2 show the outside with fern design and bumble bee.  I'm really pleased with it!





I haven't actually taken any pictures of the hat yet, it is still in the airing cupboard drying out!  When I do I'll add those so you can see what you think.

I'm also booked on her christmas decoration and jewellery making course in December so watch this space!

2 comments: